Looking for a light lunch to satisfy the tastebuds? Rosana McPhee’s quick and easy pear and halloumi crispbreads are served with dainty quail’s eggs, honey-dressed rocket and crunchy hazelnuts for a flavourful dish full of contrasting textures.
3 Peter’s Yard Original Sourdough Crispbreads
3 slices of halloumi
3 quail eggs
30g of wild rocket leaves
1 pear, sliced
1 handful of hazelnuts, toasted
6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- To begin, place the crispbreads on a large platter.
- Char the halloumi in a hot frying pan or chargrill pan until nicely golden.
- Meanwhile, add a splash of oil to a hot frying pan and carefully crack in the quail’s eggs. Fry to your liking.
- Dress the rocket with a little honey and position on top of the crispbreads.
- Place the sliced pears, the halloumi and nuts on top of the rocket. Carefully place the eggs on top of each crispbread, garnish with some cherry tomatoes and serve.
Recipe and image courtesy of www.greatbritishchefs.com