London based food and travel blogger, Rosana McPhee has created this easy dip recipe to go with our Crispbread Bites.
Rosana says, this recipe can be made in advance for a small gathering or a big party, just increase the quantities if serving more. The sweetness of the roasted onion and garlic make a good match with the smooth and cool cream cheese. The herbs add extra flavour and accentuate the onion taste.
- 1 large white onion, weighing approximately 170g
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 180g of cream cheese
- 1 tsp chives, chopped (fresh)
- oregano leaves, 5–6 (fresh)
- smoked salt
- black onion seeds
- red amaranth, (optional)
- oregano leaves
- Peter’s Yard Crispbread Bites
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
- Chop the onions and garlic into quarters and place in a roasting tin. Drizzle with olive oil and roast for 25–30 minutes, until a light golden colour. Once ready, allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the onions and garlic to a food processor or high-powered blender with the cream cheese and blitz until smooth. Add the chopped herbs and quickly blend to combine.
- Transfer to a bowl and decorate with black onion seeds, oregano and red amaranth.