Cooling cucumber, creamy yoghurt and fragrant dill – this tzatziki dip is brilliant for spring and summer entertaining.
- 1/2 large cucumber, deseeded
1/2 tsp flaked sea salt
300g full fat Greek yoghurt
1 large clove of garlic, finely grated
1/2 small bunch of dill, fronds picked and chopped (with flowers, if you can get hold of them)
1/2 lemon, juice only
1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Coarsely grate the cucumber into a sieve or colander and sprinkle over the sea salt. Leave this to drain over a large mixing bowl for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to encourage the water to drain
- Next, transfer the cucumber to a clean tea towel or muslin cloth and squeeze out any excess moisture.
- In a separate bowl, add the grated cucumber to the greek yoghurt along with the grated garlic, chopped dill and a squeeze of lemon juice then stir well.
- Taste to check for seasoning and add more sea salt, pepper, lemon juice or dill as required.
- Serve the tzatziki dip drizzled with the extra virgin olive oil and scattered with dill (and the dill flowers, if using). Enjoy with our Sourdough Flatbreads.