Using their award-winning vinegars, Womersley created three dips to pair with Peter’s Yard. This spice roasted carrot dip works well warm or cold.
For the dip:
- 5 tbsp Womersley Orange & Mace Vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 400g carrots, peeled and thickly sliced
- 15g butter
- A little freshly grated nutmeg
For the dressing:
- ½ tbsp Womersley Orange & Mace Vinegar
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- A few flat leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C, gas 6.
- Whisk together 2 tablespoons of Womersley vinegar, 2 tablespoons of oil, garlic, honey and cumin seeds.
- Stir in the carrots until coated. Transfer to a baking dish and cook for 30 – 40 minutes, until caramelised and tender. Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly.
- Whilst still warm, whizz the carrots in a blender or small food processor with the butter, nutmeg and remaining 3 tablespoons of Womersley vinegar, until combined. Spoon into a serving dish.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients and drizzle over the dip to serve.
Serving suggestion: The dip can be served warm or cold. Serve with Peter’s Yard Sourdough Flatbreads.
Copyright: Image and recipe, copyright Womersley Vinegars.