Anne Skoogh’s recipe for crayfish & avocado on our sourdough crispbread makes a light and delicious lunch. Anne lives in Stockholm with her husband, their baby and their cats. She loves reading about food, writing about food, cooking food and, not surprisingly, eating food.
- 1 avocado
- Half a small red onion finely chopped
- 200 g crayfish tails (or large chopped prawns is a good alternative)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 3-4 tbsp creme fraiche
- 1-2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Salt, pepper
- Bleak roe (or Red Caviar available in the UK from www.totallyswedish.com)
- Optional: dill
- Chop the avocado into large chunks, dice the onion very finely and crush the garlic.
- Chop the crayfish tails roughly. Mix together in a bowl, with just enough creme fraiche to bind the ingredients together.
- Add dill if you want to – I prefer it without – and season with salt, pepper and sweet chilli sauce.
- Place on toasted bread or on Peter’s Yard crispbread garnished with a little bit of roe, some smoked salmon or dill.