This beetroot hummus recipe is very simple to make and is a versatile accompaniment to various dishes. It is also a great way to use up beetroot and can easily be frozen, to be enjoyed at a later date. Cannellini beans provide a smooth, silky base to this earthy beetroot hummus – the perfect partner for our Sourdough Flatbreads.
- 250g/9oz cooked beetroot, roughly chopped
- ½ can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp dukkah
- Put the beetroot, beans, tahini and olive oil in a blender. Add the lemon juice and a generous amount of seasoning. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle over the dukkah.
- Serve with our Seeded Sourdough Flatbreads.
Sourdough crackers and crispbreads
Our hand-baked sourdough crackers and crispbreads are the perfect accompaniment to artisan cheeses, cured meats and dips.