This fresh, summery Herbed Crème Fraîche and Chickpea dip was created for us by Elly Curshen to serve with our new Sourdough Flatbreads. A vegan version can easily be made by using creamy oat fraiche. Elly’s latest book, GREEN, features over 100 veggie and vegan recipes, including lots more dip ideas, perfect to enjoy with Peters Yard Flatbreads.
- 200ml crème fraiche (or creamy oat fraiche, as I did, to keep it vegan)
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp finely chopped dill
- 2 tbsp finely chopped tarragon
- Sea salt fakes and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- A few fresh herbs
Place all the ingredients into a blender and whizz to combine until totally smooth. Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary.
Then, scrape dip into a small serving bowl, cover and chill until you’re ready to serve.
Serve this herbed crème fraîche dip with a drizzle of olive oil, the toasted pine nuts and a few fresh herbs to garnish. Serve with the Peter’s Yard Flatbreads and raw vegetables to dip. I’d suggest you aim for a rainbow of colours; radishes, cucumber, endive, sugar snap peas, multi-coloured beetroot, fennel, cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, courgette, turnip, red pepper.